Terms and Conditions
You understand that the use of LankaBangla Finance Limited (LBFL) website, chatbot, mobile app, fb page, linkedin page, youtube page, viber, whats app and any other digital application and/or platform under different brand names (i.e. "LankaBangla SHIKHA Chatbot" & "FinSmart" LBFL mobile app etc.) constitutes Your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (as may be amended by Us from time to time) and You represent and warrant that You have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this agreement, and that You are at least 18 years old.
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully. By accessing to any of this platforms, you agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to be bound by these conditions of use you should not access or view any of these platforms.
- 2. To access Information through LBFL platforms You must have at least one Account with Us and activate Your access by providing Your mobile phone number as registered with Us and by agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
In using the Service, You must:
- Use the Service only on an Equipment that You own or control and only to access the Service;
- Use the Service in new devices (each time You need to “Accept” Terms & Condition” of this Declaration.
- Not copy or reverse engineer, amend, alter or adapt any part of the content of LBFL platforms
- Accept these Terms and Conditions without making any amendment to them;
- 4. We reserve the right to make operational changes to the Service and carry out maintenance that could limit the availability of the Service at any time. We may offer automatic or manual updates to the system at any time and without notice to you.
- 5. Whenever You use the Service, the use of your Security Details authorizes Us to act on any Instruction we receive and provide the Service You requested and We will treat the use of Your Security Details as consent to conduct any payment or other instructions You give using the Service. If necessary, such authorization shall allow us to debit Your Accounts with any amounts We have paid in connection with any such Instruction.
- 6. You must make sure that Your Instructions and any Information You give to us is accurate and complete. If you do not and You suffer a loss, we shall not be liable. It is therefore important that you take care when issuing any Instruction.
- 7. It is your responsibility to update us on any changes to your mobile phone number as it is an integral part of Your Security Information that allows you to access LBFL platforms.
- 8. When we send the OTP& PIN to Your phone or mail or both, you must take all reasonable precautions to prevent anyone else from accessing your confidential information including the OTP that will be sent to you.
- 9. When using the Service, You must take reasonable steps to keep Your Equipment(s) (including Your personal computer, any device and any mobile phone You have registered with Us for use of the Service) secure and do not leave Your Equipment unattended without locking access to it so that it cannot be used to access or use the Service.
- 10. If You lose Your Equipment, including any confidential, sensitive or personal information contained in it or if Your Equipment is stolen or You become aware that third parties have gained access to Your Equipment You must notify Us immediately. If You fail to inform Us then We are not responsible if Your account information becomes known to someone else or if You suffer any kind of loss as a result of the situations stated herein.
- 11. It is your responsibility to ensure that no other person can see or copy Your Security Details and you must never access Service from any computer, mobile phone or device connected to a public internet Wi-Fi network or access.
- 12. Information available through the LBFL platforms concerning transactions and balances may not always be up to date. LBFL will usually record the transactions and available balance of an account up to the close of business of the previous Business Day, but may show the effect of some transactions since the previous Business Day. Information shown through LBFL platforms at a particular time may be adjusted after that time to reflect the true balance of your Account.
- 13. The Information provided in the LBFL platform is always available as it is. We do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the Information and expressly disclaim liability for errors or omissions in this Information. No warranty of any kind, implied or expressed or statutory including but not limited to non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for purpose and freedom from computer/device virus, is given in conjunction with the Information. With the exception of gross or intentional negligence, neither LBFL nor our employees may be held liable for any direct or indirect damages that you may suffer as a result of your use of LBFL Service or the inability to make use of the Service, for any reason whatsoever.
We shall not be held liable for the content of messages sent or communicated over the LBFL Service.We will not be liable for any loss or damage to you as a result of
- a. making the Service available to you, including acting on an instruction which has been validly authenticated as coming from you but which in fact was given by somebody else
- b. any incompatibility between Your System and the Service
- c. any machine, system or communications breakdown, interruption, malfunction or failure, industrial dispute, failure or fault of any Internet service providers, telecommunications or SMS service providers or operators, or their respective agents and subcontractors or other circumstances beyond our control that leads either to the Service being totally or partially unavailable or delayed, or to the non-receipt, interception of or unauthorized access to or use of the Security Codes or to instructions given via the Service not being received, authenticated, accurate, correct or acted upon promptly or at all; and
- d. you relying on or using any financial or product information provided as part, or by means, of the Service, or you using or purchasing any service or product by virtue of such reliance or use of the Service; and
- e. any misuse of Your System or the Service by you or anyone else; and
- f. any access to information about your accounts which is obtained by a third party as a result of your using the Service (except where that access is obtained as a result of our negligence or our willful default); and
- g. any delay or failure to send, transmit, receive, confirm or acknowledge any email, SMS messages, Security Codes or anything available under the Service, or any error, inaccuracy or incompleteness of any information or data available under the Service.
- h. In the event that we are liable for any loss or damage to you as a result of your use of the Service, we shall only be liable for direct loss or damage which, in the ordinary course of events, might reasonably be expected to result from the circumstances in question and only if such loss or damage is caused by our gross negligence or willful default.
- 15. You agree that you will not use LBFL platforms for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the law or the Terms and Conditions. You also agree that you will not use LBFL platforms in any manner that could damage, disable or impair the platform or interfere with any other party's use or enjoyment of LBFL.
- 16. You understand that and accept that we have the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the Terms and Conditions at any time, and we are not obligated to notify You in any manner whatsoever. The amended Terms and Conditions shall be available on LBFL platforms. By using the Service, you shall be deemed to have accepted the amended Terms and Conditions.
- 17. We shall use reasonable endeavors to keep the Service free from viruses and corrupt files but cannot guarantee this. It is your responsibility to protect Your Equipment from viruses and attacks by third parties by using the latest anti-virus, personal firewall or any other protective measure as appropriate. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage You suffer if Your device is infected by a virus or corrupt file or third party attacks.
- 18. The Customer, through LBFL service (Facebook Messenger or Viber), shall issue instructions to the Bank for payment of an amount to the Recharge Biller's account against the Customer's mobile recharge by debiting designated Customer Account or credit card at his/her own risk and responsibility. After satisfactory verification and transmission of such instructions for payment, the recharge shall take place.
- 19. It is the responsibility of the Customer to select or type the correct mobile number, recharge amount and selecting the account number or credit card number or PIN of the Biller. LBFL shall not be responsible if the Customer makes any mistake by selecting the incorrect mobile number, wrong account or card, wrong recharge amount, wrong PIN or any other error or omission.
- 20. Mobile recharges performed through LBFL platforms can range as per regulatory authority of Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Authority. Any amount outside this limit or containing fraction amount will be deemed invalid.
- 21. Certain amounts may activate operator packages. In such cases, LBFL will bear no responsibility for the recharges. The customer should contact the mobile operator for the resolution of any such issues
- 22. In case of a failed mobile recharge, the transaction will be settled as per regulatory authority of Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Authority.
- 23. You understand and acknowledge that the internet per se is susceptible to a number of frauds, misuse, hacking and other actions which could affect Your systems. We cannot guarantee or assure or certify any security against such internet frauds, hacking and other actions which could affect Your system/Equipment. You understand and acknowledge that You will be availing the Service at Your own risk, value and assessment. We shall not be responsible for breach of security, fraud, data security compromises, or any mechanical or security failures, in any manner whatsoever.
- 24. You acknowledge that We shall not be responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for any illegal, anti-social, objectionable, speculative, immoral activities or purposes, on account or violation of/or intrusion of privacy, misuse of any Information on LBFL platforms.
- 26. You agree to pay all fees and charges (if applicable) incurred by You for use of the LBFL platforms and We reserve the right to change the fees as per Our absolute discretion.
- 27. The features and functions of the Service shall be available only through a third party service, namely, the Facebook Messenger and Viber platform, hence please note that if the third- party service becomes unavailable or Your or Our access to the third- party service is terminated by the third-party, then the Service may no longer be viable to You. Please note that Your relationship with the third-party service provider associated with your third-party account are governed solely by Your agreement(s) with such third-party service providers, and We disclaim any and all liability for information that may be provided by such third-party service providers.
- 28. You acknowledge and agree that We are only willing to provide services if You agree to certain limitations of Our liability to You and to third parties. You understand that, to the extent permitted under applicable law, in no event will We or Our officers, employees, directors, affiliates or agents be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of revenues, profits, goodwill, use, data, lost opportunities, or business interruptions or other intangible losses (even if such parties were advised of, knew of or should have known of the possibility of such damages, and notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy), arising out of or related to Your use of or access to, or the inability to use or to access, the site, the Service or Your user data, regardless of whether such damages are based on contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability), warranty, statute or otherwise.
- 29. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the People's Republic of Bangladesh.
- 30. You understand and agree that these Terms and Conditions are in addition to, and not in derogation of, the applicable Terms and Conditions relating to Your usage of any other services that You may be currently availing or may in the future avail.
Welcome to LankaBangla Finance Ltd
- We don't charge for use of LBFL Facebook page or any other social media and digital platforms.
- From time to time your personal information may be transferred to third party agents, representatives or suppliers of LBFL for the purposes of system maintenance and support, marketing, promotional purpose.
- LBFL may also be required to disclose your personal information to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests from the police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order; (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of LBFL or its subsidiaries; or (iv) protect the personal safety of LBFL employees, third party agents or members of the public.
- Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, LBFL decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. We generally seek appropriate protection for personal information in these types of transactions.
- We engage in research to develop, test and improve our Products. This includes analyzing the data we have about our users and understanding how people use our Products, for example by conducting surveys and testing and troubleshooting new features. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us
- 32. You are solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy, adequacy and completeness of all instructions given by you via the Service. We are not obliged to verify the accuracy, adequacy and completeness of your instructions. We will not be liable for any loss or damage to you as a result of your instructions being inaccurate, inadequate or incomplete in any manner; or for any failure, refusal, delay or error by any third party or due to system failure, downtime, error etc.
- 33. The information, materials and data provided on this website are for general information purposes. They do not directly or indirectly constitute investment advice nor are they an invitation, offer, solicitation, inducement or recommendation to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any other transaction in the companies mentioned, including investing in shares or other securities, or any other products or services or otherwise dealing in these or entering into a contract with LBFL or any other company.
- 34. The information, materials and data provided should not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision. They may contain forward-looking statements regarding the performance and financial condition of LBFL or any other company. However, the past performance of LBFL any other company referred to on the website cannot be relied upon as a guide to its future performance. Actual results may differ materially from such forward-looking statements because of various risks, uncertainties and other factors. For example, rates of exchange may cause the value of underlying investments or products to go up or down and tax arrangements may change. All stock market based investment is exposed to a degree of risk and the price of shares and the income derived from them can go down as well as up and investors may not recoup the amount originally invested. You should always seek appropriate professional advice in relation to such matters.
- 35. This website includes links to external websites which are subject to their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. We are not responsible for the content of these external websites and we recommend that you familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of such sites before you submit any information about yourself. These links are provided solely for convenience to you. No endorsement of any party, products or services is expressed or implied and accordingly LBFL cannot accept any liability for the accuracy of, or otherwise in relation to, any content or the security of any activity carried out on such other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such linked websites. Your use of such websites is at your sole risk.
All content included in or made available through any service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software is the property of LBFL or its content suppliers.
LBFL reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, terminate your rights to use the services remove or edit content in its sole discretion.
- 38. You may post reviews, comments and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights (including publicity rights), or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam" or unsolicited commercial electronic messages. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. LBFL reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
- 39. If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant LBFL a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify LBFL for all claims resulting from content you supply. LBFL has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. LBFL takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
- 40. You may use software here solely for purposes of enabling you to use the LBFL Services as provided by LBFL , and as permitted by these Conditions of Use and any Service Terms. You may not incorporate any portion of the LBFL Software into other programs or compile any portion of it in combination with other programs, or otherwise copy (except to exercise rights granted in this section), modify, create derivative works of, distribute, assign any rights to, or license the LBFL Software in whole or in part.